eMental Health: The Next Big Thing in Psychological Practice?
Register now for the FREE international seminar on eMental Health in Psychological Practice, organised jointly by Mental Health Reform and the Psychological Society of Ireland.
The event will be held on the 9th October 2018, 8:30 AM – 4 PM in the Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2.
This seminar is part of the eMEN project – funded by Interreg North West Europe and the HSE.
The seminar will focus on the implications of technology-supported therapy for psychological practice…is this ‘the Next Big Thing’ for psychology in Ireland?
The seminar will be addressed by the Minister of State for Mental Helath and older People, Jim Daly T.D.
Updates and announcements will be made on this webpage on the eMental Health Reform Twitter – follow us @eMHReform
Registration is now open!
8:30 – 9:00 AM – Registration, tea and coffee
9:00 – 9:35 AM – Welcome and seminar opening
- Shari McDaid, Mental Health Reform
- Terri Morrissey, Psychological Society of Ireland
- “eMental Health State-of-the-Art”, Kevin Cullen, Work Research Centre
9:35 – 10:30 AM – Session 1: Telemental health: eTherapy: psychological therapy sessions at a distance
- The session will combine a number of short presentations of online services – including MyMind, Turn2Me, and Helplink – followed by a panel discussion.
10:50 – 11:20 AM – Tea and coffee break
11:20 – 1:15 PM – Session 2: eTherapy: Technology-supported therapy
- eTherapy: What the evidence shows…and doesn’t show, Prof. Brian Hughes, NUI Galway
- The importance of personalised experience in eTherapy, Dr. Conal Twomey, UCD
- Address of the Minister of State for Mental Health and Older People, Jim Daly T.D.
1:15 – 2:00 PM – Lunch
2:00 – 4:00 PM – Session 3: The future – Utopian or dystonia?
- Virtual Reality for Anxiety Disorders, Prof. Youseff Shiban, University of Göttingen, Germany
- The Future: Utopia or Dystopia, Dr. Marie Murray, University College Dublin
- Woebot, Dr. Alison Darcy, Woebot
- Youth Panel discussion
4:00 PM – Seminar closes
DATE AND TIME
Tue, October 9, 2018
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM IST